Saturday 2 June 2012

She's Leaving on a Jet Plane...

My friend Cheryl from our 'Secondary School Collective' - we go waaaaay back, like 15 years (I sound reeeaaally old!) is leaving the hum-drum-hustle-and-bustle of London town to move to Cheltenham :( and here's a little card I made for her to say: "Dooooon't gooooo!!!"

Cheryl and I went to Secondary School together in London, she was in 'L' and I was in 'C' (our registration / form class was named after letters!) and we shared some classes together, ('N' and 'O' - I know, more letters!) but more significantly and to a certain extent even now we share the same circle of friends, we also more recently, live near each other too.
Chez is moving to Cheltenham to live and work with her partner, Marcus whom she's been with for nearly six years now - so technically it was inevitable! :( But... although I am sad to see her leave the city in which she's lived, worked and studied all her life, I'm pretty chuffed for her, and she's a pretty awesome chick and I hope it all goes well for her! Next step - wedding bells... LOL.

So as with many ocassions, I made a card for her - as my friend Kayleigh would say: 'Mel has a card for EVERYTHING!' to wish Chez all the best for the future.
I used a Tiddly Inks image for the centre focus, coloured her in with some Promarkers (Oatmeal for skin, Cocoa for hair, Forest Green for dress, Rose Pink for stripey sleeves and Cool Grey 4 for shoes. The flowers were coloured in with Sunflower, I think) I tend not blend all my colours, because I can't quite work it out and me and blending and shading doesn't particularly work well - anything for a simple life! The 'Best Wishes' text is from a Lawn Fawn stamp I have and the papers were a mix of Glitz 6 x 6 Paper - Pretty in Pink and another piece from my stash (can't remember the paper collection, sorry!). The ribbon is from Anita's Arts and the tag is from K&Company, the buttons are from a stash I had, and the flat back pearls are from Paper Cellar.

Tiddly Inks is pretty much on my image hit list for colouring - look out for some more cards with Tiddly Inks inspiration! :)

1 comment:

  1. This tiddly inks image is so sweet, love the colouring and the colours Px

    ReplyDelete

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x