Wednesday 18 July 2012

July Christmas...

Hey everyone! Thanks for stopping by Princess Melus Crafts this week...

Today we launch our fortnight challenge at Aud Sentiments! And mine follows a Christmas theme...

It's 'Sentiment on a tag' this fortnight, so whatever you've decided to create, make sure your sentiment is on tag :) or alternatively you can make a tag - but make sure your sentiment is on it!

---


Our sponsor this fortnight is the awesome Tickled Pink Stamps

Here's some info on them:
Cute, Quirky and Pink!  They are an Australian online company - owner Kellie has 3 very active children who keep her busy outside of craftland!  Personally, I think they have a gorgeous range of images, some are beautiful, some more quirky - really something for everyone

And this is my creation using one of their digital stamps: Tickled Winter - Ivy

Me and my friend Emily were joking a few weeks ago about making cards. She really liked the birthday card I made her and she asked if I had any up and coming projects coming up - I said to her that I had, put they were in planning stages rather than in actual making stages. I joked with her that I was actually thinking (a bit too prematurely) about making Christmas cards and well this Christmas card reminds me of last Christmas and particularly Christmas shopping...

Here's my creation:


It's the first week of December 2011 and I'm slightly more prepared than the year previous. My friend T on the other hand wasn't and he technically forgot his shopping list - and had his memory instead :) We both live in London and met up in centre of town to do some of our Christmas shopping together. He needed to get presents for most of his family and I had to get a few things for my friends. London's central shopping street - Oxford Street - was made accessible for people to shop with no traffic and had a mini festival going on in the middle of the road. Totally random! And well after browsing around we got a few things and headed down to Westfield Stratford City in East London to end the day with more shopping, a movie and dinner. Yeah I know - looong daaay, but equally I totally enjoyed it. I actually helped pick out some scrapbooking stuff for his Nan as a Christmas gift - so I've accepted that I can be useful :)

The image from Tickled Pink totally reminded me of Christmas shopping with T and trying to pick out gifts for people knowing full well they'll either love it (90% of the time) or hate it (10%!). I can safely say we did a great job - I look forward to struggling this year with any sort of Christmas shopping. Fun times!

So take part in our challenge this fortnight at Aud Sentiments and you could be a winner in this fortnight's challenge! Check out the blog for our awesome DT creations too! :)

As always, thanks to those who've visited and commented on the blog, I really appreciate it! Please follow and join the site for more updates!


6 comments:

  1. It is never too early to start Christmas projects! Great job
    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, well I might get cracking on those Christmas Cards seeing as its August! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your card! Reminds me to start with my christmascards a bit earlier than november, like I did last year!
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing me Sandra I probably will start them in November! I think I might start next month, it's never too early I guess! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Lovely card and story Mel. I really should start doing my Christmas cards too, instead of the usual mad rush in December! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There susuall is TC! And I know exactly what Im like come December, or November for that matter! Maybe start next month?! LOL. Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete

All comments and feedback are very much appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

- Mel x